The purpose of the First Abilene FCU Scholarship program is to provide a means to recognize academic excellence, leadership and social awareness provided by our young adult members. These individuals are our future leaders of tomorrow and we believe in the potential inherent in each of them. First Abilene FCU is proud to invest in our future.
First Abilene FCU will award two $500 scholarships to high school seniors who show leadership, social awareness, and academic achievement. To be eligible to apply for the scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an active member of First Abilene FCU for at least 3 months with an account in good standing,
- Be a graduating high school senior,
- Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence, leadership, and social awareness,
- Provide verification of acceptance at an accredited college, trade school or university for the Summer or Fall 2019 Semester.
FAFCU staff, officials or family members are not eligible.
Application Process and Deadlines
A completed scholarship application packet must be in the possession of First Abilene FCU by 6:00 p.m., April 18, 2019.
- A typed or neatly printed fully completed application;
- A certified copy of your latest academic transcript reflecting a cumulative GPA;
- A signed Letter of Recommendation from a non-family member;
- An essay based on one of the topics noted in the application
(minimum 250 word, maximum 400 word, typed, double spaced)