Cyber-Security Incident & Important Consumer Information
See if your personal information is potentially impacted.
For your convenience First Abilene FCU is providing the information below regarding the Equifax breach. The incident was limited to Equifax and was not in any way related to First Abilene FCU or any direct merchants.
To determine if your personal information may have been impacted by this incident and ways to provide protection against future fraud, please see the tips:
- Go to www.equifaxsecurity2017.com to check whether you are one of the 143 million people whose data may have been compromised.
- Set fraud alerts – all bureaus.
- Monitor credit activity (www.annualcreditreport.com, etc.).
- Reset account passwords, PIN codes and other log-in. credentials on financial accounts that may be vulnerable.
- Establish multiple-authentication protocols for financial accounts and email, when possible.
- Establish credit monitoring service through Equifax or through other service providers.