2017 Scholarship Applications NOW Available. Download HERE
Time for a Teen Share Draft Account?
“Hey, Mom and Dad, can you lend me a few bucks?” If you’re the parent of a spendthrift teenager, you’ve probably heard that phrase more than once. Maybe it’s time to introduce some basic money management. Helping your teen open a share draft/checking account is a great first step.
Learning to manage a checking account paves the way for other good financial habits, such as handling credit cards and loan repayments. As a parent, you must be both teacher and supervisor when your teenager opens that first checking account. We can help. Stop in and see us today for help getting your teen started off on the right foot.
- • Membership account for ages 13 to 18 years
- • Teen must have a social security number and be primary account holder
- • Parent or legal guardian (age 18 or over) must be a joint owner
- • Opening/Required minimum balance of $10.00
- • Earns dividends on balances over $50.00
- • Two $500.00 scholarships awarded annually in April to
- graduating high school seniors
- • Rewards For Grades- $20.00 cash each semester for
- A-Honor-Roll students; awarded for Fall and Spring semesters
- • Great Rates Add Up CD- Deposits in increments of $50.00
- may be made to the CD at any time during the term
- • Credit Establishment Program
- • Rewards for Deposits: Present your membership card
- with each deposit of $25.00 or more and we will put a star punch on your card.
- When you fill your card with 10 star punches, it may be redeemed for your choice of gift card.
- • Birthday Card redeemable for $5.00 cash
- • Financial Education
- • Learn how to maintain and balance a checking account
- • Account automatically converts to Vantage FREE checking account
- on 19th birthday
- • No minimum balance
- • No monthly service fee
- • First 50 checks FREE
- • FREE Debit Card with parental consent at age 15
- • Unlimited withdrawals and unlimited teller assisted transactions
- • Not eligible for courtesy pay